We know that we should listen well to others. No doubt you ask your kids to “listen” several times a day. In the New Testament (where the Bible story is from) Jesus spoke to some men and they listened. And because they did–a miracle happened! Use the stuff here to make the LISTEN message relevant all week long!
Bible Verse: “Be quick to listen and slow to speak.” James 1:19
Bible Story: Jesus, Peter, James & John (Luke 5:1-11)
Read about what happened when Peter and James & John (who were fishing out in their boat) listened to Jesus (who was far away on the shore).
Dear God, Thank you for the Bible. I am glad that I can learn about you. Please help me to listen at church and to my teachers so that I can learn even more. Help me listen at home to my parents too. I am glad that you always listen to me when I talk to you. Amen
T A K E – I T – H O M E
RECIPE FUN: Make a Tasty Fish Bowl
What you need
- Clear cups or bowls
- A package of blue Jello
- Mixing bowl
- Cold water
- A measuring cup for the water
- Some gummy fish
- A knife
What to do
- Mix up the blue Jello just like it tells you to on the package.
- Pour jello into individual bowls (this is your fishbowl with water in it)
- Put the cups in the refrigerator and let them “set” (takes a couple hours)
- Now, take that knife and make slits in the Jello — all around the cup.
- Slide a gummy fish in the slits you made.
Note: You will know when the Jello is “set” because you will be able to make a slit with a knife in it and it will not lose it’s shape.
Now you can see your fish swimming around in the fish bowl!